Mad Scientist drops act, becomes Paper Sorcerer
Ultra Runaway Games invites all fans of classic, western-style first-person role playing games to discover Paper Sorcerer for PC, a single player turn based RPG focused on strategy, party-building, and environmental puzzles. Fight with the skills and spells you’ve learned with a new “energy” based system. Assemble a party of monsters and dark creatures to fight alongside you. Explore and solve open-ended environmental puzzles to unlock secret paths and find extra loot! A double-sided adventure, an RPG with adventure game elements.
A powerful sorcerer is on the cusp of dominating the land. A group of heroes bands together and seals him away inside a magical tome. Now as the sorcerer you must escape from this ancient prison and find a way to regain your magical powers using your wits and an array of summonable creatures to aid you. There may be more powerful forces at work as you navigate the dungeons and fight the heroes sent to subdue you…
Paper Sorcerer is scheduled for release August 2012 for $3 on PC.
For more information about Paper Sorcerer, visit the kickstarter:
and the official blog:
- Play as a renegade sorcerer as he struggles to escape the book prison and regain his powers.
- Escape a magical prison filled with heroes hunting you down at every turn.
- Leave behind mana and to-hit rolls for an exciting new battle system that emphasizes strategy and tactics over grinding.
- An energy based system, where you use attacks and rechargeable skills to fill your energy meter, then unleash devastating special attacks.
- Assemble a party of fiendish creatures to join you as allies in battle.
- Numerous different creatures and fiends to unlock, further customizing your party; including zombies, imps, trolls, and minotaurs.
- Discover open-ended puzzles and solve them with a combinations of spells, items, and your wits.
- Hand-drawn high-resolution sprites inspired by the work of late eighteenth and early nineteenth century illustrators like Aubrey Beardsley and William Bradley.
- DRM-free for PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad, Android, and possibly Xbox Live Indie Arcade and web-browser.
- All-inclusive game, promise to never make you pay for DLC content.
About Ultra Runaway Games
A new one-man army indie studio based in Redmond, Washington, Ultra Runaway Games is dedicated to providing games with a high level of artistry in a digital distribution format. As one guy developing a game on his own, Ultra Runaway promises to never charge for DLC content, releasing games that focus on the RPG genre.