This Dark Knight is on an EvilQuest!
Direct Press Release from ChaoSoft Games:
Chaosoft Games announces EvilQuest, their latest title for the Xbox Live Indie Games service. The game will launch January 4th 2012 for 80 Microsoft Points ($1 U.S.).
EvilQuest turns the Action-RPG genre on its head by putting the player in the role of a villain bent on world domination, rather than the traditional role of a hero trying to save the world.
As the dark knight Galvis, the player begins the story by staging a daring escape from an imperial prison and unleashes his lust for vengeance and power on a world that is ripe for the taking. As the story progresses, Galvis will gain untold power, ultimately leading to a confrontation with the gods themselves. The outcome will determine the fate of the world and decide who is worthy to wield ultimate power.
EvilQuest features a wide variety of environments, enemies, and boss creatures – all created in retro style with 100% original artwork, animation, and music. In addition to fighting monsters, Galvis will also terrorize the residents of several towns and must avoid imperial agents seeking to re-capture him.
The goal of the game is for Galvis to take revenge on his captors as well as unlock the secret power of four legendary seals. Players will find a variety of weapons, items, and magic spells to increase their power as they play through the quest. The game also allows the player to customize areas of proficiency during level-ups by assigning points to particular attributes.
– Dark and genre-defying dialogue and story
– Fast-paced action-RPG gameplay
– Retro-style original graphics
– Original musical score
– Game world full of mysteries and twists to explore
– Multiple levels of melee & ranged attacks through weapon charging system
– 15 unique dungeon levels and overworld areas
– 14 different spells with a variety of purposes and effects
– Over 10 challenging boss fights
– Dozens of pieces of equipment and items to discover